Requirements: 2.1 and up
Overview: AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
To all users with Galaxy Note Android 4 stock rom:
The stock rom ships with a broken toolbox, which prevents AdAway from working.
• Read/Write access on system partition
• Information can be found in in-app Help screen.
• If you have other problems please report them in the issue tracker on http://code.google.com/p/ad-away/issues
Website with Source code and Issue Tracker
Help translate AdAway on https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/adaway
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Open source alternative to
adfree, ad free, AdBlocker, AD blocker, MyInternetSecurity Pro
What's in this version:
Please report bugs on the following website instead of writing bad reviews:
* Allow whitelist entries from hosts sources if enabled in preferences
- Fixed missing menu entry for hosts sources on tablets
- Webserver on boot should work more reliable
- Webserver should not be killed on low memory